Friday, April 8, 2011

Traveling to VA

We made it to Virginia yesterday morning after driving SEVEN days! We drove an average of 5 hours a day. You are probably thinking, "That's not too bad" but when you have a 18 month old, it can be a little unpredictable. Some days he entertained himself or was happy watching a movie on our portable DVD player. Other days he wanted out of his car seat after just an hour of driving. Overall he did very well on the whole trip. I'm very lucky to have a child that can easily adapt to the time change, eating out all week, and sleeping in a different place every night.

Speaking about sleeping in a different place every night, our hotels were....a little unpredictable too. We booked mostly at Ramada but have decided that we won't ever again. I think the hotels are franchised so the quality differs from place to place. We stayed at a hotel that had an indoor waterpark and a great breakfast. Another night we stayed at a hotel that smelled like pesticides and was situated right next to a train track. Yeah, that was a fun night!

I'm just glad we made it here safely and that everything has been unpacked (thanks to Jeff and my sister). The first morning I woke up here felt a little weird. My first thought was that we were waking up in a hotel but then realized that this is my home from now on. I still can't wrap my mind around that! I miss Utah and my friends :( Anyway, I'll make sure to post pictures of our new apartment soon.




3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you guys got there safe and sound! We miss you around the office Sai! Hope you have a fun time being a full time mom! Cant wait to see the new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! You made it safely! Now we are in the same time zone again! What part of VA are you guys in again? You were smart to only drive 5 hours a day. We drove 10 and made it here in 3.5 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys are out here!!! :)

    ReplyDelete